8.05.2007

The Big 755


I watched Barry Bonds hit the big 755 yesterday, and heard the boos and the cheers at the San Diego stadium. Bug Selig was there and he wouldn't smile, wouldn't clap...he even turned his back, and I think he acutally stood up before it happened, so he wouldn't have to when it did.

For all those people who sneer at Barry Bonds, I say go out there and hit 755 yourself. It's a big record. I saw A-Rod hit 500, too, and in the not too distant future, I expect to see him pass Barry, Hank, the Babe and Willie Mays. To leave them in the dust.

Not a lot of "serious sports" people like Barry, but there's no denying that he has accomplished an amazing feat. If I hadn't thought about sending our footcream to LeBron, I certainly would think about sending it to Barry.

But instead, I think Barry would like our complete Buddha Surf Line -- because it is UnZented. I think he would especially like our Out of Body Lotion. Slugging the big 755 must have been an out-of-body experience. Besides, Barry seems like an unzented guy himself.

No comments: