We love macadamias here in Hawaii. Chocolate covered. Brittle. Honey Roasted… And then there’s Macadamia oil- one of the key ingredients we use in our lotions, washes and butters at Lanikai. It’s all natural. All Hawaiian. And it’s a great moisturizer for your skin whether you live here in the islands, live on the west coast, east coast or anywhere else in the world (yes, people from all over shop Lanikai at our Kailua store and on our website).
Macadamia nut oil comes from the pressed nuts of the macadamia tree. It’s one of the best regenerative oils for your skin– high in monounsaturated fatty acids, closely resembling sebum, the oil naturally produced by our own skin to help protect it. It’s an amazing protective oil with a high absorption rate and has been successfully used as a healing oil for scars, sunburns, minor wounds and other skin irritations.
It contains the highest level of palmitoleic acid of any plant oil (this acid is found in human sebum when we’re young but the level drops dramatically in mature skin. So macadamia oil helps tone and condition skin- esp dryer, more mature (as in over 40 we are guessing!). The oil also contains omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids for deep moisturizing.
The Benefits of Macadamia Oil:
- Beneficial for all skin types
- Tones mature and dry skin
- Rich in vitamin and nutrients that deeply penetrate the skin.
- Fatty acids help to maintain the skins critical water barrier functions
- An excellent protective oil with a high absorption rate that penetrates and hydrates the skin quickl
- An effective anti-oxidant, protecting the skin as bodily secreted sebum does.
- Has a high affinity with the oil already naturally produced by the human skin.
Be sure to read the ingredients on any of your health and beauty products. No more chemicals. Just the good stuff from Hawaii!